Below you will find our terms and conditions for use of this website and further down, the separate terms for advertising with us.
Terms and conditions for the use of www.krakowpost.com
Please read these Terms and Conditions which govern your use of the www.krakowpost.com website (“Website”) and all pages within it.
The Website is provided to you free of charge for your personal use subject to these Terms and Conditions. By accessing the Website, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
The Website is owned and operated by Lifeboat Limited (“Lifeboat”)
1. Access To, and Use Of The Website
1.1 All material on the Website (“Content”) is the copyright of Lifeboat or its licensors and must not be reproduced in whole or in part on any medium without the prior written permission of Lifeboat.
1.2 Users of the Website may display Content on a computer screen, and print a single copy of individual pages of the Website on paper (but not make photocopies of such pages) for personal non-commercial uses only.
1.3 Except as permitted by these Terms and Conditions and without prejudice to paragraph 1.2 above, users of the Website may not do any of the following without the prior written permission of Lifeboat:
* store or transmit Content to any paper publication, user group, other website, electronic bulletin board, mailing list, server or other storage device in electronic or print form;
* distribute, perform, display, modify, publish, transmit, reproduce, adapt, or in any manner exploit all or any part of the Content;
* reproduce, modify or in any way commercially exploit Content;
* remove any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property notice(s) from any Content;
* do anything that may interfere with, damage or interrupt any functionality of the Website or any computer software or hardware;
1.4 Any use of Content which is not specifically permitted in these Terms and Conditions is expressly prohibited.
1.5 Requests for permission to use or reproduce Content should be sent to:
Online Content Manager
1.6 Any person granted a licence by Lifeboat to reproduce Content may at the discretion of Lifeboat be required to follow guidelines that Lifeboat may issue, or pay to Lifeboat, such monetary sum as Lifeboat may determine in its absolute discretion.
2. Availability of the Website
Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services at the Website will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the service will be fault free. Your access to the Website may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to minimise the periods during which access to the Site is restricted for these reasons.
Users may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
*Disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, otherwise objectionable material;
* Transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or codes of practice;
* Gaining unauthorised access to other computer systems;
* Interfering with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
* Breaching any laws concerning the use of public telecommunications networks;
* Interfering or disrupting networks or web sites connected to the Website; and
* Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of the materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
5. Limitation of Liability
5.1 The Website is provided by us without any warranties or guarantees. You must bear the risks associated with the use of the Internet.
5.2 Lifeboat is not responsible for any opinion expressed in any message on any part of the Website or the forum. Opinions expressed in the forum are those of individuals and Lifeboat does not necessarily agree with any of those opinions.
5.3 Lifeboat does not guarantee the accuracy of any Content. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Lifeboat hereby excludes any liability whatsoever to itself for any loss or damage arising from your use of the Website, Content, the forum and/or a third party website.
5.4 Lifeboat shall have no liability for the security of Content and for any message posted by you to the forum, or for any disruption or interruption to the Website and/or the forum however caused, or for loss of or corruption to Content when downloaded from the Website onto any computer hardware or software.
5.5 The Website has links to third party websites that Lifeboat does not control. Lifeboat is not responsible for the content of such third party websites and does not examine, endorse, control or monitor usage of, or information on them.
5.6 The Website is provided on an “as is” basis and Lifeboat makes no representation or warranty of any kind (whether express or implied) as to the Website, Content, or the forum, including without limitation any representation or warranty about the accuracy, completeness, quality, or fitness for any purpose of the Content, Website or the forum.
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold Lifeboat and its officers, employees and agents harmless from and against all and any expenses, losses, damages, liabilities or costs incurred or suffered as a result of your use of, or conduct on the Website and/or the forum, or a breach by you of any of these Terms and Conditions.
7.1 Lifeboat reserves the right to make changes to any part of the Website and these Terms and Conditions without notice to you.
7.2 If any part of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid, the remaining provisions will continue with full force and effect.
7.3 Any failure or delay by Lifeboat in exercising any right or remedy available to it against you shall not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
8. Excluded Services
The services provided by the Website do not include the provision of computer or other necessary equipment to access the Website. To use the Website you will require Internet connectivity and appropriate telecommunications links. We shall not be liable for any telephone or other costs that you may incur.
Terms and conditions for Advertising with Krakow Post and www.krakowpost.com
1. In these terms and conditions “the Advertiser” means the party who books the space and/or any agent acting on their behalf and “the Publisher” means Lifeboat Limited (UK).
2. All Contracts are subject to these Conditions and no variation or addition thereto shall be effective unless specifically agreed to in writing by the Publisher. Any other terms or conditions sought to be imposed by the Advertiser are expressly excluded.
3. All advertisements are accepted subject to the Publisher’s approval of the copy and to the space being available. Every effort will be made to place an advertisement in the section apparently most relevant to the Advertiser, but the Publisher reserves the right to make the final decision as to the position of the advertisement.
4. The Advertiser warrants that the advertisement does not contravene any statute regulations made there under nor is it in any way defamatory or illegal or an infringement of any other party’s rights.
5. The Advertiser will indemnify and keep indemnified the Publisher in full against any loss, costs and expenses howsoever incurred by the Publisher arising out of the advertisement or in respect of any breach by the Advertiser of these terms and conditions. The Publisher will consult with the Advertiser as to the way in which any claim against the Publisher in respect of which indemnity is sought is handled.
6. The Publisher reserves the right at any time in its absolute discretion to cancel any Contract or to omit or suspend an Advertisement (for example if it is libellous, unlawful, defamatory, pornographic, socially unacceptable, insensitive or otherwise contrary to editorial policy). The Publisher shall repay any sums paid to the Publisher in respect of the omitted advertisement but shall not be liable for damages of any kind. Should cancellation, omission or suspension be due to the act or default of the Advertiser or his servants or agents including the unsuitability of the Advertisement as indicated above, then the Advertiser shall pay for the space reserved for the Advertisement in full not withstanding that the Advertisement has not appeared. Such cancellation, omission or suspension shall be notified to the Advertiser as soon as reasonably possible.
7. All reasonable care will be taken to avoid mistakes but the Publisher cannot accept liability for errors due to the acts of default of third parties or sub-contractors or inaccurate copy instructions or other acts or defaults beyond its reasonable control. The Publisher shall not be liable for any errors in the advertisement unless proof is returned in ample time for corrections to be made before the publication goes to press.
8. The Publisher shall have no responsibility if the advertisement is not published on the agreed date as a result of acts of God, a strike, lock-out, fire, storm, flood, riot, explosion, breakdown of machinery or other event over which the Publisher has no control.
9. The Publisher does not warrant any particular publication date.
10. Advertisements are accepted on condition that the price binds the publisher only in respect of the next issue going to press.
11. TERMS OF PAYMENT
1.1 Unless otherwise stipulated by the Publisher, payment for invoices is strictly due within 14 days of the invoice being issued. If the Advertiser defaults in making payment of any sums by the due date, the Publisher reserves the right to require immediate payment for all advertising space booked by the Advertiser (failing which the Publisher shall be entitled to terminate the Contract forthwith by written notice to the Advertiser) and to require payment in advance for future bookings, and pending such payment to omit or suspend all or any Advertisements due to appear under an existing Contract with the Advertiser. The Publisher reserves the right to impose a surcharge of 5% per month on overdue amounts.
1.2 The Advertiser shall not set-off or claim to set-off for any reason whatsoever any sum or amount whether in dispute or agreed which may be payable by the Publisher to the Advertiser against any sum or amount whatsoever payable by the Advertiser to the Publisher.
12. Year-long contracts are not subject to rate increases that occur during the period of the contract. At the end of the contract, rate increases may be put into effect for subsequent Ads.
13. All insertions shall be submitted by the Advertiser by the closing date in an acceptable electronic and/or mechanical form unless the Publisher receives the advertising in an acceptable electronic and/or mechanical form as from the Advertiser, or if the Publisher is required to perform additional production work as a result of the Advertiser’s failure to conform to the Publisher’s requirements, the Publisher reserves the right to make additional charges to the Advertiser for the cost of such production work.
14. All contents of Advertisements are subject to the Publisher’s approval. The Publisher does not undertake to review the contents of any Advertisements and any such review of and/ or approval by the Publisher will not be deemed to constitute an acceptance by the Publisher that such Advertisement is provided in accordance with these Advertising Terms and Conditions nor will it constitute a waiver of the Publisher’s rights hereunder. If the Publisher considers it necessary to modify space or alter the date or position of insertion or make any other alteration it shall notify the Advertiser of this as soon as it reasonably can.
15. The Publisher will exercise reasonable care and skill in the handling and publishing of the Advertisement but where the Advertisement is not published in the manner specified in the Contract, whether through any failure or negligent act or omission on the part of the Publisher or any third party, the Publisher’s maximum liability to the Advertiser shall be limited (at the option of the Publisher) to either: (a) publishing the Advertisement (or a replacement Advertisement if provided by the Advertiser) as soon as is reasonably practicable in the period following the period during which the Advertisement was scheduled to run; or (b) refund to the Advertiser the amount of any payment made for the Advertisement concerned. The Publisher shall not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage arising from any failure to publish an Advertisement as agreed with the Advertiser, including, but without limitation, any late or incorrect publication, any non-publication or inaccurate reproduction of the Advertisement, whether caused by the Publisher’s error or negligence or by any reason whatsoever.
16. If the Advertiser cancels, the following cancellation charges may apply:
|Number of days to copy date:
|Percentage of full charge to be paid by the Advertiser:
|Less than 10 days
|10 days or more
Cancellation will only be effective when written notice is received by the Publisher. Notice to any other office, or to any other advertising agent of the Publisher’s is not sufficient.
17. If the Advertiser cancels any Contract in accordance with Clause 16, except in the circumstances of cancellation as set out in Clause 14 above, he relinquishes any right to that series discount (if any) to which it was previously entitled and Advertisements will be paid for at the appropriate rate. A new invoice will be issued for any surcharges relating to Advertisements that have already been invoiced at the discounted rate. The payment date for any previous invoices remains unaffected.
18. The Advertiser must supply copy to the Publisher by the copy date. If the copy instructions are not received by the copy date, the Publisher may treat the Advertiser as having cancelled. If the Publisher elects to place the advertisement no guarantee can be given that proof will be supplied or corrections made.
19. Advertiser’s property, artwork, etc. are held at the Advertiser’s risk and should be insured by them against loss or damage from whatever cause. The Publisher reserves the right to destroy all artwork which has been in its possession for 12 months. Additionally, the Publisher reserves the right to retain all artwork until the Advertiser’s account has been settled in full.
20. In no event shall the liability of the Publisher for any breach of contract or in tort exceed the price paid by the Advertiser for the advertisement.
21. In no event shall the Publisher have any liability, either in contract or in tort, for any consequential loss or damage including loss or profit.