Results of Krakow’s 2019 citizens’ budget announced
The results of Krakow’s annual Citizen’s Budget have been announced by the city.
Just over 50,000 Cracovians voted to fund 171 projects worth a total of 30 million PLN of their tax money in their districts and the city at large.
The most popular city-wide proposal was to transform the parking lot on ul. Karmelicka near the public library into a green park for residents to enjoy. There were other nature projects supported in Młynówka Królewska (Park Royal Mlynowka) and Podgórze as well as:
- better paths near the Vistula River
- restoration of Nowa Huta’s Aleja Róż
- an electric car for the animal shelter
- a city fitness center
- action to prevent illegal garbage dumps
- providing more safety resources for places where Cracovians swim
- a program to give prizes to people who take advantage of recycling points
Many more projects were chosen to primarily by and for each district. You can download a PDF of all the winning projects here.
The projects will be incorporated into the 2020 budget.
One thought on “Results of Krakow’s 2019 citizens’ budget announced”
thank you very much for this article and the PDF file. very helpful